SIDI Crossfire Boots review (short)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faniesmith

Race Dog
Reaction score
I have found great information on this site so I thought I would try and give back a bit.

I decided to get some full off-road boots after a trip and small off in the Cederberg where I could feel my anckle twist under the bike. My pair of Santiago's was getting on a bit. I have worn them for three years now rain or shine and they are still in good condition. I was just looking for something with more protection

I have always liked the SIDI boots, but they have alwys been a bit out of my price range.
But I found that KTM CT was stocking them for R4650 a pair. Compared to the prices of the Gearna SG10 and SG12 I thought this was quite good. I looked at the Gearne's as well. But I prefered the SIDI's. They just seem to have a better build quality. My friend's pair of Crossfires has done four seasons of racing and are still going strong. I know there are a few poeple on the forum that love the Gearne off-road boots, but I think they are over priced in SA. Just my opinion don't lynch me.

So I took the plunge and bought a pair off Crossfire boots. AND I should have done this a long time ago. I was offered a ride on a tupperware at the Moreesburg fun/enduro where I wore these in anger for the first time.

I biggest differnce is that you feel fully connected to the bike. That does make sense because these boots are a lot stiffer that the Santiago boots I am used to.
BUT
What I did not expect was that they would be comfortable from the off. No break-in required.
Gear changes were no-problem. I was expecting to have to adapt here, but no problem.

The properties on the Crossfire's that I think makes this possible are the following.

The Crossfire's are not much wider that my current Santiago boots.

SIDI_Crossfire001_800x600.jpg

The the toes of the boot is about the same height as the 'normal' Santiago boot's.

SIDI_Crossfire002_800x600.jpg

The leg of the boot is has two hinge point that makes it easy for foot the bend down.

SIDI_Crossfire005_800x600_extra.jpg

The latches are easy to operate and easy to replace. Just two skrews and you can fit new one.

SIDI_Crossfire003_800x600.jpg

Easy to get these boots on as they open quite wide.

SIDI_Crossfire004_800x600.jpg

If you are thinking of getting a pair of full offroad boots do it. The extra feeling of being connected to the bike is great.

The fun/enduro you asked? Well I got my ass kicked as you can expect. I managed to finish, but I am a bit stiff today. I shall have to do some SERIOUS fitness training of I intend to do some more of these.

SIDI Crossfire gets my vote.