Skid Plate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pickle

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
I tried to search the forum and couldn't find anything on it, so hoping someone can point to a relevant post or assist me.

I was doing some maintenance on my center stand when I noticed that the skid plate was a bit loose.  Closer inspection showed that the front right mounting (rubber) was broken.  I removed the bolt to find that the rubber grommet had sheard through.  I removed the whole skid plate to take a closer look and found that none of the bolts used to mount the plate go all the way through the engine, makes sense, rather sacrifice the plate than ruin the engine.  Now I have half a rubber 'stuck' to the engine.  However, how are the rubbers mounted onto the engine?  I tried to give them a twist without success, granted I did not try too hard as I did not want to break anything any further.

Anyone know?  And does anyone know where I can find a suitable replacement part without paying BMW dealer prices?

Thanks in advance.
P