Skillzzz who's got it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michnus

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Watching the MotoGP yesterday, got me thinking. I am sure with training some normal okes can get to ride a MotoGP bike or a soopabike in WSB's.

Between MotoGP riders, Enduro riders/ Dakar rider, Trial riders oke's Motoxross, Freestyle I doubt it is easy to get a normal oke to build enough skills to be as good as the top okes.

What I am going for is to say, Rossi is a one of a kind, natural talent, good hand, eye, whatever co-ordination to ride his bike, buuuut, does a guy like Giovani Sala or Simo Kirsi and Toni Bou have more/better skills than Rossi for the type of riding? Sure most oke's on this forum can setup a decent time around Kyalami with training for a day on a superbike.  Okay wait take that back, there are sure some slow motha's on this forum.  :imaposer:

I am sure most  okes on this forum won't jump a trials bike over a log in a day's training, or even do 1 day of Dakar section nor do 1 lap of a indoor enduro track the like of what David night eat for breakfast after the same day training. Except LITO, and Jabu, they are riding gods.  ;)

So who's got the better skills, are the good off road riders, just that good and tar riding that easy?

My take on it is, you can be average but to be the best in Enduro riding/Dakar offroad/ Trials some of the okes there just have a natural ability 99% of other competitors will never have does not matter how hard they practice.

Rossi is special, the rest of the field just average, but between Giovani Sala, Toni Bou, Simo Kirsi, and such oke's, Rossi excluded, as I think he can ride a enduro bike if he sets his mind to it. Any of the enduro riders can give some Motogp/WSB riders go for their money on a track, it's not going to be the other way around. Except most enduro riders are to tall for motogp bikes.  ;)

Who's got the real skills?