Which 300 2 stroke?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rossdog

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
Over the years, I've had more than a handful of 300cc 2 stroke enduro bikes. A 300 enduro is still my favourite play and race bike. Nothing comes close when it comes to my riding style, and my preferred riding "habitat". I've had 4 KTM carb 300's (2011 to 2016), a 2014 GasGas 300 and an Graham Jarvis Roof of Africa bike.

The dilemma I have now is that I can't afford a new bike (I don't want to finance). A new KTM/GG/Husy/Sherco would be ideal, but they are out of my reach.

So now, do I stretch myself and get a 2015/6 KTM (my favourite was actually the 2013 - before they changed the head) or do I put my ego in my pocket and get a 2011 (the first 6 speed model - but last of the old frame shape). I'll save a lot of cash, and spend some it pimping it up.

I might (if I can find a riding buddy to train with) do another Sea to Ski/Matat to Pont type of ride, or maybe a Roof Iron or Bronze. But my racing days are over, so all I need is a fun bike to do the odd funduro and ride with my boys. I'm almost 54 now, but I identify as a 32 year old :). A 2011 makes the most sense, but...