• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

* SOLD * 05 950 S *Very Low KMs* aka Hens Teeth R68 000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peteb

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Zundapp (all models)
I have decided to sell my KTM 950 S 05 Model. Some titbits:
Bike only has 16 000 km on the clock. I have owned it for just under 2 years, and only put on 3000 km in that time (gives an indication of why I'm selling)
It is the 'S' model, the one with 245mm suspension
I bought it in Rustenberg, I was looking for a 'non coastal' model without any rust issues on bolts/spokes/etc. Its still rust free.
I have done a lot of work on it since I got it, including:
2 into 1 Remus pipe with custom silencer (54mm throughout) (original cans and H pipe go with the bike)
Sidestand relocation bracket, and sidestand switch delete
Replaced both fork seals (with green SKF's) and shock seal head, and serviced both forks and shock (they were all leaking from standing when I bought the bike)
Relocated battery and starter solenoid up under the seat, and printed an underseat storage cubby
Built a big heatsink for the voltage regulator, and relocated it up under the fairing for better airflow
Did the FET mod to the fuel pump
Modified crash bars
Added lower fuel tank protectors from the 990 series
Bike has folding mirrors
Serviced it when I got it, new oil, oil filter and air filter (and new spare filters sold with the bike)
Removed and deleted all the emissions paraphenalia
Front Karoo 3 still has lots of life in it, rear E07 is only 2000 k's old. Chain and sprockets still very good
I checked with Alf before I bought it and all the recalls on this model had been done
A thousand and one other 'little' things to improve the bike and make working on it easier (I do all the maintanance on all our bikes)
I phoned both previous owners before I bought the bike and confirmed the history/mileage, and it all checked out
Its licensed up to date and on the road

In the interest of full disclosure there are 2 small issues:
Front rim has a small smiley. I bought the bike like this and haven't worried about it.
Some paint flaking in areas, a known issue with this particular model. Thankfully nothing on the tank or front panels, and none of the decals have bubbled. Its mainly up around the instrument cluster area. I put colour matched (as best I could find) vinyl over these bits to stop it from spreading

Reason for selling? One of the main reasons I bought this bike was to do some travelling with my wife. Its not ideal for that. Its very tall and is quite a harsh ride for her (even with an Airhawk). Make no bones about it, its more off road orientated, and the times I've had it out there surprisingly capable (I come from and off road background). I bought IanTheTooth's TDM recently and its far better for the two of us to cruise on. And with 6 other plastic bikes in the garage which I still often ride I can't really justify keeping this one, even though its an absolutely amazing bike. There will be a time for me to get an ADV bike (there's a 790 in my future) its just not now.

Price? I paid R68 000, and that's what I'm asking. I think that's very fair considering what I see other 950/990 going for.
You can PM, email [email protected] or whatsapp zero ate 3 656 ate nein 5 zero me.

Some pics

HeaBdBA.jpg

oVUoZFR.jpg

mBL12iB.jpg

H2yAZf8.jpg

GpEO7gZ.jpg

fM0aPBX.jpg

c8bH4gh.jpg