• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD***2008 KLR 650 FOR SALE***SOLD.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raffie

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hi Guys, my faithful 2007 registered 2008 KLR 650 is very reluctantly up for sale. It has 56 400k’s on the clock. Most of the mileage is commuting, 60km round trip daily.
I am the second owner; I bought it in 2008 with 1800k’s on the clock, and have the original owners contact details. Commuted with this bike every day rain or shine since then.
My reasons for selling are personal, but if you genuinely enquire about the bike, I will fill you in. The motor has 12 000k’s on it since the Schnitz 685 kit and new big end bearing/conrod were fitted, by me. If you enquire about the bike I’ll also fill you in on the reasons for the big bore kit fitment. Nothing hidden here, just too long and involved to write it all up here.
I have done a few trips so there are the expected nicks, scratches and war marks. I spun out on an off ramp about 6 months ago on a diesel spill, scratches on crashbars, barkbusters and the pipe. Really only noticeable if pointed out. My homemade crash bobbins helped a lot.  
This bike has been maintained meticulously by me, oil and OE filter changes every 5000km (Oil and filter changed +- 400 k’s ago). Only Magnatec oil used. Valve clearances were set to max spec when the kits were fitted.
I am a motor mac by trade, and according to my friends anal about servicing and cleaning my bike. They don’t say so to my face though.  :biggrin: Both the front and rear tyres are at their wear limits, they won’t pass roadworthy, currently a D606 fitted to the rear and a T63 on the front. I prefer T63’s, but they’re not everyone’s cup of tea. Whoever buys can fit their preferred tyres.
Any out of town dogs are welcome to send a local dog to come and check it out.
The current DID X ring chain and sprockets have done +- 28 000k’s. See below, new sprockets included.

Price: As priced on Auto Motorcycles floor.

Heading will change when the bike is sold

Bike is kitted with:

Schnitz 685cc big bore kit: https://www.schnitzracingstore.com/catalogs/catalog.asp?prodid=4840552&showprevnext=1
An up rated rear shock spring from: https://www.topgunmotorcycles.com/KLR_springs/klrsprings.html, the white one.
Zeta bark busters.
Spiky/adventure foot pegs.
SW Motek Crash bars (L/S has cracked from vibes)
Bosson pipe
VPS paint protection on all leading edges, forks and tank.
Custom soft luggage as in pics
“Small” (as opposed to cig lighter size) 12v power point in L/S relay cover, fitted for tyre pump.
Aluminium bash plate.
HID high and low beam headlights. Low beam on/off switch fitted
Doohickey spring done.
Schnitz 685 kit and new conrod kit fitted. (conrod kit includes crank main bearing/crank pin)
Crankcase  breather one way valve mod done.
Rear shock protector mod done.
All known harness chafe points have been attended to.

Additional Spares and New Parts:

5 L Oil (Magnatec) and Oil Filter OE Kawa part
2nd Foam OE air filter, I clean and change very often, always a clean one ready.
New spark plug.
New OE clutch cable.
New front and rear sprockets. (15 43)
L&R Unmolested “Ice cream scoop” hand guards (holes cut in originals for zeta hand guards)
3 indicator units bought for the rubber mountings which fell off.
Original rear shock spring.
Original pipe.
New OE  front fork dust seals and fork oil.
Battery + - 1 year old bought from Dixons batteries PE (last winter, can’t find the damn invoice).
Tools to make your own flywheel puller.
Original rear mudguard and number plate, for roadworthy.
New front brake pads on order,collection on 16/07/2012, (hopefully). To be fitted before sale.

Lots of other bits and pieces like headlight bulbs etc.

Attachments

• P1180198.JPG
    P1180198.JPG
    161.9 KB · Views: 573