• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD. 2009 KTM 250 XCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omninorm

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 790 Adventure
The Starter doesn't work. So that will need to be fixed if you want to do it. I never bothered as it kicks first kick once warm.
It's plastics isnt new.

Hours: 25 hrs on top end. No idea on total hours but this bike goes like a bomb.

What is new? (6 or 7 rides ago the following was done. Will provide the invoice for this if needed):

1 fork service incl oil
2 fork oil seals
2 fork dust seals
2 inner bushes
2 outer bushes
1 removal and re-installation of forks and wheel
1 shock service incl oil and nitrogen
1 shock oil seal
1 shock DU bushing
1 removal and re-installation of shock and wheel
1 set front brake pads + installation
1 front brake disk + installation
1 set rear wheel bearings
1 installation of bearings, seals and spacers
1 set wheel spacers
1 rear sprocket
1 front sprocket
1 520 o-ring chain
1 carb clean and re-jet
1 New FMF Powercore Exhaust
1 New Airtime Sidestand

The cost of all the above is close to R10K and now you know you wont have to do it.

WP_20151116_19_40_10_Pro_zps5koqmkxe.jpg

WP_20151116_19_40_26_Pro_zpsgiky0dag.jpg

WP_20151116_19_40_39_Pro_zps3omku77z.jpg

Here is a video of me riding before Exhaust and Suspension was done. at about 4:00 in you can see how easily it starts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hp5rvXPID8

If I ever get back into the Enduro riding I will more than likely buy another KTM 250 2 Stroke. It's the perfect Enduro bike imho. More power than the 200 esp down low, large fuel tank..10.5/11 litres iirc, nice wide ratio gearbox with hydraulic clutch and if you decide you want to upgrade to a 300...well change the piston and cylinder head. 300 time. I've not come close to needing a 300 though ::)