• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD ****December 2005 GS1200 for sale- Red Baby!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandvreter

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW (all models)
Ok, so the Kawasaki is gone, and as mentioned the beemer will have to go to thanks to this long arse contract abroad.
2005 Model GS , 43000km on the clock, It has heated grips and ABS, FULL service history with BMW. Price 68k, why , because that already is the minimum and we can start there as I do not have time to haggle. It goes or it goes onto its centre stand, so after reading the extras you can see my reluctance. An no, the extras are not coming off, you get a full touring bike or nothing. I love the farkels, who doesnt.

- Van Der Linde exhaust (Original here and in very good nic as well)
- Touratech frame with 35l panniers- excellent condition- With inner bags.
-Trax Top Box - with inner bag
- Touratech cylinder head protectors
-touratech brake and clutch reservoir protectors
- Touratech extended bash Plate
-Hepco Becker crash bars
- Widened foot pegs (Touratech)
- Anti glare protector and instrument cluster protector
-Beak protector
- Headlight / oil radiotor protector
- All recalls completed now with 4 ways beemer except the fuel pump which is on back order- covered by beemer.
-Got the beemer adventure left pannier frame as well if you want to go back to beemer boxes
-Extra 12v plug
- HID head light
- Had the rear shaft and shaft/gearbox rubbers replaced as well, they looked a bit perished to me on 36k.
- BMC air filter (4000km ago) plus complete brand new cleaning and oiling kit
- De-catted the zorst
- Got a Jacobsroodt accelerator module.
- 2 x 10watt LED spotlights that have not been fitted yet with a switch lying in a box
- Rear under- carrier Tool Bag
- Full set of GS tools bought from climbing turtle, including oil filter wrench, spark plug puller plus the front wheel adaptor nut bought from Flying brick
- Tool tube - not even fitted yet
- Heidi's scouts 50% left rear 60% left front- done 8000km.
- BMW Tank bag also included....Tank bag is rigged for 12v from the extra plug
- touratech potentiometer cover
- Fuel injector protectors
-I will also throw in the GPS 12v connector that goes directly to the bike and works with the can bus. Love it. So the tank bag just charges miscellaneous

Honesty section: as in the photo you can see my HID ballast came lose and damaged the speedo cluster. That is the ONLY real damage on the bike, but at R2800 for a new lens they can blow me, really  :eek7:  they can suck occasionally too.... I think it is a handcrafted polycarbonate lens which is chewed out of a solid poly carbonate block by a blind old eskimo lady with no teeth somewhere in the flippen arctic?!?!
Off road km's- I did Sani pass up and down, the whole Naude's neck, and some off road through Botswana and Namib. So say really not even 700km offroad. Except the 1km to my house now and then. I work abroad the the bike stands, a lot! I did fall over in sand frequently (it is a damn GS) so you will see some lights scuff marks on the crashbars and rear carrier rack. My riding style is such I still have the original brake pads front and back to give you an idea. Oil checked religiously as I bought this bike brand new and I take care of my stuff.
- The manual is lost- Beemer obviously has full service record, but that stuipid o-ring that held it in place just did not do the job!

That is all I can think off right now, will add as we go along. The only thing coming off is my Zumo GPS and of course the fuel bladder, every thing else mentioned above goes....

Attachments

• IMG_1646.jpeg
    IMG_1646.jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_1688.jpeg
    IMG_1688.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_1689.jpeg
    IMG_1689.jpeg
    123.1 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_1690.jpeg
    IMG_1690.jpeg