• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

***SOLD... XTZ750 Super Tenere ...SOLD***

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A while ago I was thinking of selling my beloved XTZ. I was very unsure and reluctant to part with it, but now after having ridden the XRR for a few months I realize that the XTZ no longer suits my needs, and is just sitting gathering dust. I rebuilt this bike for more technical riding and I have done just that. I have had a few tumbles, nothing dramatic, just the usual spills one has when out and about. So the once pristine paintwork now has a few scratches from being used as intended.  :ricky:

So it is now definitely for sale.

New gearbox bearings. ( it didnt need to be done. I just did it for piece of mind)
New pistons about 1500kms ago
New Valves
New camchain
New camchain tensioner.
I had thought to replace the main bearings, but it would have been an unnecessary expense as they are still good.
Hagon rear shock purpose built for this bike - imported from Germany
Hagon progressive front springs
Renthal handlebars
Rally screen. This is a prototype, but I quite like it.
Rally rear mudguard. Also a prototype, has a crack from my luggage from my last trip into lesoto.
Had the frame strengthened with a few gussets welded in certain spots. Done by Euroweld in merrivale
HID headlight conversion -  I have taken it off as the bulb broke, but the unit still works fine.
Ultrabatt battery.
Louder hooter. Wired through a 12v relay
Fan overide switch - In case you get stuck in traffic on a hot day.
Extra Ignition kill switch - Just a safety thing
Changed my gearing  a fair bit to be lower for more technical riding. Heaps of bottom end but the bike is revving much better if you try to crank it.
and of course....
Custom Chesterfield paint job. As far as I know, its the only one in the country that looks like this.

All paperwork is in order. Disk is valid till end of September 2016.

1458606_10152094219456613_1901755475_n.jpg

1400626_10152084230481613_379424307_o.jpg

1452553_10152094223281613_173059798_n.jpg

1472862_10152094222366613_2112745011_n.jpg

I need to do a few things to the bike before I let it go to its new owner. These are....

fit a new rear tyre - waiting for stock!
replace the rear wheel bearings -  will do same time as tyre replacement

Seeing as its nearly Xmas.... Holiday discount price is now R37 500!!

12193316_10153709629591613_8454836955468123114_n.jpg

I still have a few bits that will go with the bike.

A new Marving pipe. Bought it in from the UK but its too quiet for my liking so I have stuck an Akropovic on it instead.
The original suspension. The front springs are not in the pic, obviously, in a box up in the loft
The original front screen and headlight cowling
Original rear side panels
Spare rhs side cover. I was going to make a mould and cast some spares but never got round to it.
Original rear mud guard and tail light assembly and a new aluminium rear rack.
Engine crash bars
Original indicators. I have put on the cheap flickers to save the originals in case of a crash, which is just as well cause I have broken a few.
Two new air filters
New speedo cable
original coil. It works perfectly, just decided to fit a new one for piece of mind before I did my last trip across lesotho, which was september last year.
new front and rear wheel bearings
rear suspension bearings and seals
two spare tubes
two new rear sprockets. A #49 and #42?
Brand new tool tube, never used never fitted
original clutch cable. I have fitted a new one and have a spare new one routed in place in case of a break
The original brake hoses front and rear. I have fitted steel braided hoses.
a set of new brake pads. Cant remember which side they are for
the original footpeg rubbers. Took them off on day 1
old inlet manifold rubbers.
An HID headlight kit. The unit was working when I removed it after the bulb broke. Didnt get round to replacing it. H4 bulb fiting
Vaious carb and filter spares
spare stickers
Haynes workshop manual
Printed A1 paper electrical diagram, still stuck on my workshop wall.
Home made pannier racks . Used twice, work well!