Solo 17000 km Port Elizabeth to Zanzibar and back - the long way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DASKOP

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
SOLO, ALL ON MY LONESOME OWNSOME....................................................................

17000 kilometers 2 month round trip from Port Elizabeth to Zanzibar via Botswana into Zambia, riding through the western side, the Barotse flood plain and northern side, along the Congo border of Zambia, into miles of eastern Zambia and then into Tanzania (not sure where yet), to friends that I met on last years ride (at Victoria Falls) in Ifakara, then to Dar Es Salaam, by ferry to Zanzibar for 3 days, then back to Tanzania and north to Mount Kilimanjaro and meet Peniel Sikawa in Arusha for a visit to Serengeti, Ngorongoro and Manyara, before heading west along the banks of Lake Victoria, maybe venturing into Rwanda to see the gorillas, then south and along the banks of Lake Tanganyika, to camp at Kigoma, before traveling further through Mahale Mountain and Katavi National Parks and back into Zambia and on to Lake Kariba, crossing over into Zimbabwe and heading along the Eastern Highlands back to South Africa and home in Port Elizabeth.

I AM SO LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS. ONLY 6 WEEKS TO GO.

But there is a serious side to this. It is, apart for my immense pleasure, also to benefit the children of JJ Children's Haven. That is where I need some help, PLEASE.

AND TO PUT EVERYONE AT EASE.............ALL MONEY RAISED WILL BE FOR THE CHILDREN. I AM PAYING FOR MY TRIP MYSELF.

All the details are at the following website. Please visit it.

www.adventureriding4good.org