The Long Awaited Africa Adventure ..........27 JUNE 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MURPHY

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Enduro
OK - so Dirty XT has been putting pressure on me to post our proposed African adventure. Well it all started with a fishing trip to Tanzania a few years ago - i just knew i will be back into Africa somewhere BY BIKE. When Daskop arrived at my doorstep with his new gs adventure a year or so ago , it took me a whole 2 days to organize myself with one as well . Ever since then we have been on about doing a trip into Wildest Africa. Initially we wanted to do Namibia and then travel to Tanzania , this would have taken up far to much time so we cut out Tanzania for a later date.

Our trip now has been set to depart 28 JUNE 2013 .............so far Daskop and myself [ there is place for one or two more ]
we plan to ride from P.E. to Upington on the first day , stay over at Sakkie se arkie . The next morning through Nam border to AIs -AIs to explore the canyon . It is then on to AIs , here we anticipate meeting EDP and MMAN for a day or two of their NAM trip . From AIS its off to Swakopmundt and Henties . Here we split up MMAN and EDP go up the east coast to Van Zyls pass and Daskop and myself head for Rundu and on to Katima Malilo .

This is were the real fun starts - after having a look see at our old military bases where we were stationed . ZAMBIA HERE WE COME ...

Its over the border to Livingstone and then on to Siavonga on Lake Kariba . We plan to spend a day or 3 at the Lake fishing , diving , etc and then on to Chipata through the Zambezi National Park . The owners of the local Spar supermarket in Chipata own a really cool looking geust house called Amarulas were we are hoping to stay before heading into Malawi .

MALAWI is the destination we are seeking .......... our plan is to spend a week at Cape Mclear with a client of mine from Illovo sugar at their Holiday cottage . Again fishing , diving skiing etc . our plan is then to head for Blantyre , my client and friend Rhys lives there and we can restock ourselves for the journey home .

The home voyage should see us taking the short trip through Mozambique to Zimbabwe . Here we want to explore the eastern Highlands and a game reserve or two before exiting at Musina . Well then its still about 2000km before we arrive back home in Port Elizabeth.

We are expecting our little trip to take us about 5 to 6 weeks to complete .................WE CANT WAIT .  A total of about 9500km

If i can manage to master my samsung tablet i will keep everyone up to date with a running report of thrills and spills along the way .
Meybe the very clever boys like Dirty XT or Jules can also help me load a map to show our proposed route ........ !!!! will keep you posted