Solo trip to Oasis via Algeria: 24 - 25 March

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walletjies

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha Super Tenere
This is my first RR, so bear with me!

We missed the BUFF, we can't make the BASH, so we decided to go to Oasis since the boys went to OC (Organised Chaos).

Saturday morning, ready to go ...

The plan is to go from Durbanville via Porterville to the N7, up Piekenierskloof and stop for breakfast at Kardoesie.  The wind was terrible between Wellington and Porterville, but we made it to the breakfast spot.

55326423.jpg

We left the tar at Ramskop, this is final setup for the gravel (Helmet cam, Traction control)

51503897.jpg

The condition of the road was fine with some bad patches, but we enjoyed every moment.  The camera was set to take a pic every five seconds, so I have a lot to share!

42442744.jpg

We are not alone!  The road was quiet, but this guy surely knows where the best roads are.

13063868.jpg

The first view of the valley when you reach the top.

61536010.jpg

The anticipation of the road we still have to travel.

19623743.jpg

Hurry up!  My wife got off the take some pictures of interesting rocks, but I was keen to keep going.

76790498.jpg

We encountered only two sandy patches, the first was not too bad.

77849481.jpg

I nearly lost it in the second patch, we were lucky to get through.  You read a lot about sand, but it happens so fast that I wasn't really prepares.  It is just before the famous caves before you get to the Wupperthal / Ceres road.

52429448.jpg

We did a trip with the Worcester dogs a while back, I am sure they would not pass this tree without stopping for some liquid refreshments (Nê, Piet Coke!)

44710180.jpg

Just before Oasis, what a view!

68392504.jpg

Arriving at Oasis, thank you Lord for keeping us safe!

69555779.jpg

Get that camera out of my face!  I want something cold. 
(Actually, I am just trying to turn it off).

16661819.jpg

The stay at Oasis and the trip back to follow later.