Some mountains,ocean,gravel & tar with some great friends

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lem

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
It's been more than two years since I've written ride reports, but I'm gonna leave the soppy bits & just share with you my experiences of an awesome day to be a capie with a dual purpose bike.

It's been about two weeks since I've acquired this F650GS Dakar from Knucklhead. I have done a bit of riding during the week, but none of it included a bit of gravel. I have learnt however, in this short time, is that this size of bike is as good an allrounder as Jacques Kallis used to be.  

Since Nismark & Dusty Rusty was pivotal in the logistics of getting it here, and the fact that she recently also bought her dream DR650, a dayride was definately on the cards.

Some last minute plans were made & we also contacted Sardine, who also needed to get some saddle time on her superb specimen of a DR650

So there was a plethora of new experiences to be had today. Myself being back on the bike after basically more than two years, back to cruising the gravel, finding some new roads, meeting a new Wilddog, Sardine & also dusting off the old jacket & gloves.

Back to the ride report. So this morning around 08h30, I met up with Dusty Rusty & Nismark & we saddled up our Leatherman bikes.

On to Stellenbosch via Kromme Rhee & the R44, where we teamed up with Sardine

we took the Hellshoogte Pass, through Pniel over to Franschoek & over Franschoek Pass to Theewaterskloof Dam.

Some pics:

1) Sardine's black mamba
2) Dusty Rusty looking very focussed  :pot: & Nismark scanning more than just her technique.
3&4) Sonderendrivier bridge over Theewaterskloof Dam.  

Attachments

• P1020949.JPG
    P1020949.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 425
  • P1020951.JPG
    P1020951.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 437
  • P1020953.JPG
    P1020953.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 407
  • P1020948.JPG
    P1020948.JPG