Soul Journey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TornadoF5

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
This trip, albeit not one of the almighty trips that some have been on, was a mere one where the soul was found and many questions asked and answered.

I had this idea in my head for a time while contemplating life’s little intricacies about doing a semi decent trip & one that would last longer than a day’s ride and fit into the available time I could get off which was only 10 days or so.
I had many questions about where I was going in life, but few irt to where I was going on the bike and so ensued planning of a trip albeit all in the last week, as I’m not very good doing the way ahead of time planning and execution thing.

J-dog was to join after he heard I was going alone and the weekend before we were to leave, he unfortunately had to pull out.

So where did this leave me…?
To ask questions on my own… and a wife, who although supportive of me, worried about some of the isolated places I was going.

I planned 10 days of separate routes to go from this destination to that, from here to there covering this distance and that and reworked and relooked the routes to make sure fuel stops were in range of a thirsty 990.
I packed a little like a mule taking my 2 man tent (I need my space), mattress, sleeping bag, stove, coffee, rain jacket, 2 pairs socks, 2 shirts, 1 pair shorts, 2 x shirts, 3 x rods and some toothpaste, medical kit (seeing I was going to be on my own in some desolate places). I was ready emotionless, but ready.

3 days before I left I got a call from Tybo (now joined the WD forum), that he has decided to try out adventure biking and decided to buy a new S10 and wanted to join me on the ride for the 1st 2 days. Well I was happy to have Tybo, but was a little concerned he wasn’t to used to adv riding, as anyone who knows Tybo knows he just loves anything over 300km/h on tar, lots of tar and to top it all, he insisted we go through Baviaans, which is ok if you been riding a while and not much to brag about anymore, but nonetheless considerably more technical than riding the N2.