Starcom1 Digital intercom did it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chunky

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
I decided on the Starcom1 Digital intercom after many a nights research. I must state that I have severe tinnitus and was looking for a system that could do the amplification and does not cost me an arm and a leg.

I got hold of Lawrence through mail and he answered my last questions that made me make my final decision. I ordered made the EBT at about 14h00 and the shipment was on the plane that night (shipping/delivery from Cape town to Pretoria was only R40-00). I got my system the next day before 12h00. The optional volume control was out of stock and was shipped the next day, which I got a day later before 10h00. Now this is what I call speedy service. I am not easily pleased but this impressed me.

I decided to first install the headsets in a BMW systems 4 and 5 helmets. It was quite a mission and took about 3 hours, but its need and look professional. The installation on the bike took me about an hour and a half from start to finish. The only thing that I still need to do is to install the Volume control on the handle bars. I am waiting for a special Zumo bracket that I ordered before I take the tank off for the installation of the Zumo power cable and the Volume control------ and besides my tank is full of juice (33 liters of it) >:D >:D >:D want to get the tank empty for the exercise 8) 8) 8).

After the installation me and my better half had the helmets on and I adjusted the volume a bit up from the factory settings and adjusted my even a tad higher for the tinnitus. We took it for a spin and I must say it work like its suppose to. 140 km/h no noise and cristal clear :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I belief the Intercom system and us will have a good understanding in the future. Looking forward to the Namakwaland trip in August and the Namibia trip in December :ricky: :ricky: :ricky: