Stripping/Repair/Sell Damaged 2013 F800GS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JacquesP

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Hi Dogs,

I have recently been in an unfortunate fender bender with my '13 F800GS while commuting. Insurance came back and confirmed it will not be economically feasible to repair.

The insurance is giving me the option of buying the "salvaged" bike. The price I can buy the bike at, being in my limited experience a lot less than the value of the remaining bike parts in it's current state at resale. The engine has only done 36K and is still perfect.

The damage was limited to the front end. Front wheel, discs, shocks, triple clamp etc. The remainder of the bike is perfectly fine including the main frame. Crash bars did the job of protecting the rest of the bike.

Options are

1. Take the insurance payout and forget about the hassle

"Buy" the salvaged bike
2. Stripping it for parts and selling it
3. Repairing it? 

I don't have the space, time or experience to repair it myself and would have to pay someone to repair it professionally. Therefor I would not buy the bike to repair and keep it for myself.
However if any one of the dogs are interested in buying the salvaged bike for stripping or repairing, let me know. I will be willing to purchase the salvage bike from insurance and resell it to a single dog for their benefit. I am not trying to make a profit out of this, so R35K will cover the cost.

I will have to inform the insurance early next week which option I am choosing, so this is a limited time offer.

If anyone is interested, call/sms/whatsapp me on zero 8 3 - double 5 six - triple 5 four.  Alternatively I will check my messages in the evenings.

The insurance allowed me to remove some accessories that was not insured, so I will put these up for sale in a different post in the for sale section.

Regards,

Jacques