SUB ZERO RIDE PREP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEON 1190

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
Morning , yes I know someone is going to say I am over thinking things again , but its in my nature and I like to be as prepared as possible . so hear goes .....
As mention in planning a ride we are going to Lesotho in the winter , riding to Katse dam and Afriski . Lesotho can get very cold and I am more or less kitted out clothing wise for the trip , need to buy gloves and this seems a small challenge as I have not yet found what I like and want . but sure I will get that sorted out . I have inner gloves that can be worn under a outer pair of summer gloves , and the bike has heated grips .
Something that is a small concern ( will do test) is that research has shown one must dress in layers , again have the base , thermal , long sleave shirt and a jacket with good inner . pant side I have a thermal long john , and the pant is a BM tour shell pant , should work to keep cold out , have good boots with ski socks , but think I need a thin pair as base layer , have to test .
Also have a nice fleece buff that will keep cold and wind away from my neck . Again from research the wind chill is what freezes one , and preventing this is paramount , have time before the trip to try some options .
Gents , if you dont mind , please share any ideas you may have or tricks you have learnt in order to stay toasty on zub zero rides .
last bit of info required is what do you do to keep your bike warm on cold nights . Bikes will be parked outside in Clarence , but think we need to protect the battery , I have a charger , thinking of taking it along to keep the battery charged ( boost in during the night) also have a bike cover that might come in handy . can ask the land lady if she has a blanket to cover my bike . might not be needed but cant do any harm . :cool: