suspension upgrade on a 2014 f800gsa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ekke

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Which progressives springs set is the best?

Hi Dogs

I want to upgrade my suspension on my f800gsa. Currently I'm looking at the Wilber progressive spring sets for the front and rear suspension for the bike. My ridding is 50/50 on/off-road and my off-road are 50/50 technical/gravel highway. I weight 95kg with my safety gear and carry 20kg luggage with the bike 30% of the time if I travel far from home and have also added 15kg to the bike with after-market products. I have calculated that the gsa is 15kgs weightier than the gs. Conclusion, me plus extra weight(including gsa weight) equals 145kg and comes to a total weight of 360kg if you add the weight of the f800gs fully fueled @215kg or 340kg without luggage.

OK so this is what i want to know? Are all the progressive springs all the same or are there better manufactures like wilber, yucugar ,hyperpro or any other for my setup? Is there any other options like the ohlins adjustable front suspension which will fit my setup better and will it be worth the money?Please tell your good and bad experience's with your after-market suspension and if you can recommend a workshop to fit and supply this suspension in Gauteng?

Regards
Francois