T7 Suspension upgrades on a budget?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vulcan

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha T7
So, I gave myself a year to get used to the T7 (and lose some weight). Needless to say, I failed at the weight thing...

I weight around 105kg's (I have big bones ok) and I do put some unnecessary strain on the T7's standard suspension. I did manage to bottom out the rear once or twice during our last Oasis trip and the front at least once just after Ouberg (nasty wash out) direction Touwsriver.

I have lowering links installed on the rear and the forks dropped by about 15mm in the triple clamps currently. Pre load at the rear is set to max.

Can the bottoming out in the rear be solved by fitting a stronger spring only, or will the shock need to be re-shimmed as well? And the front would probably need stiffer springs was well? I don't want the bike to be taller after the mods.

I am working on a budget here and would like to support local as far as possible. The challenge is that we stay a bit isolated, and I need to make sure of my facts before I commit.

My riding style is very chilled and I do not to a lot of technical riding.

Shot.

• Wow
Reactions: Ri