• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Suzuki DR650SE 1997 for sale R25,000 Cape Town

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lecap

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
One of my old bike hire bikes.

White with purple frame.

I overhauled the bike completely and serviced it some two years ago before I sold it. It's got plenty of mileage (currently 86.000km) but was looked after meticulously while I owned it.

The engine was done top end. Only new rings were fitted (while I was in there) and the valves & valve seats were cleaned up and lapped as well as new stem seals fitted. Everything else was fine. Bike runs fine and does not use oil.
The starter clutch was slipping intermittendly and was replaced with a new one.
The rear shock was overhauled with new seals, oil & gas.

The bike was hardly used since and is therefore for sale.

Everything is in good working order, tires, brake pads, chain & sprocket (most items were new when I sold the bike two years ago, have done maybe 4,000km). The bike is roadworthy & clean and in very good overall condition for its age. It does currently NOT have a valid RWC.

Extras: Cheap top case plate (does take Givi, Kappa etc. cases) on solid custom made (by me) steel bracket. Home made (not by me)windshield.

Should get an oil change. Else ready to go.

For sale by the current owner. To view at my workshop in Edgemead o7 doubletwo fiftinine triple zero nine

Below piccie is GENERIC for illustration only in case you don't know what a white 1997 DR650SE looks like. The seat on my bike is black & yellow.

Attachments

• DR650Se 1997.jpg
    DR650Se 1997.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 614