• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Suzuki DR650SE for sale R30000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lecap

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
I've got a very nice DR650SE coming up for sale.

It was actually promised to a friend who changed her mind and decided she rather wants a scooter ::)

It's an ex. Le Cap bike means it's high long distance mileage with few cold starts and very little commute & short range.
It has been maintained meticulously throughout its life and comes without nasty surprises like stripped threads & broken things caused by non mechanised hands.

It's currently receiving a top end rebuild & full chassis inspection & service at Le Cap. Engine work is limited to replacing valve stem seals (It's a 1997, they loose their elasticity with time), lapping valves & valve seats (always a good idea) and fitting new piston rings (while it's open). Despite having done 82000km the engine intestines look pretty much like new ones.
On assembly it will obviously also receive the later (2004ff) improved cylinder base gasket.

Technical condition of the bike is flawless, no smilies, forks & bars straight, chain (DID X-ring) & sprockets, brake pads, tires all new or replaced recently.

Aiming at assembling the engine & doing RWC end of next week & early the following week means the bike will be available around December 3.

I will set it to either the high or low suspension setting for you at no extra cost.

Price not negotiable. I know what condition the bike is in. It's worth R30k. If it does not go I'll keep it :D

Will go to the workshop and take piccies now. For those who don't know what a DR looks like :biggrin: