..Suzuki Raider 150...dyno sheet...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malJohann

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Singer (all models)
Right, so after struggling with my Suzuki Raider 150 for too long, it being as slow as the half the power (on spec sheets) Honda Deputy 125, I took it to Freez for a dyno test and tune-up. Freez is one of the nicest guys I've ever met that's worked on my bike, and I will take any of my future bikes back to him without a doubt.

After I got there and we've had the Raider up on the dyno with a couple of jets (this is already one hour into the stint) he pretty much takes my carb apart to try find out what the problem was, since the jets didn't make much difference and the power curve was very erratic. Turns out the diaphragm had three tiny tears in it.

At this point I would have had no complaint if he stopped, collected his money, with instruction to me to get it fixed first and then come back. Yet he insisted on taking out the diaphragm and on trying to fix it. A bit of black Q-bond powder, three drops of super glue, coffee and 15 minutes later he was putting it back together.

After this the dyno results were astounding (amazing what a vacuum diaphragm that works does to performance). He actually had to go to a smaller main jet than what he had in there (and a bit bigger than the original) to get performance to its peak. See the dyno sheet below for before and after reference.

Thanks again Freez, you're a good guy and very hospitable, even though it was after-hours during the week. My little 150 is back to (or better even) what it was before, a little commuting monster!

Attachments

• 150.jpg
    150.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 75