talented or just plain stupid?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill p

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
So we go for our normal dam breakfast, canal ride, Mooi Nooi, Breedts Nek and home ride yesterday.
Sean, the serious rider amongst us, brings his wife along on the back of his DR 650.
Going up Breedts Nek from the north side, we hit the knarly section near the top and I'm doing my best to hang on and go over the bumps and rocks as fast as I can.
The next minute Sean, who had started at the back of the pack, comes flying past me with his wife hanging on for dear life and leaves me in his dust.
Now I'M not a yardstick to measure speed by, but when you get passed by youre mate and his wife on a knarly reasonably technical section while thinking to yourself that you are actually doing pretty good, you realise what a long way you have to go.
The problem I really had was watching how close he came to coming off on those rocks and knowing how badly they would have been hurt had he done so.
When we got to the top I actually told him he was an idiot for putting his wife in such danger while all we were doing was actually  just going out for a quiet Sunday ride.