Tall rider on R Nine T

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steen

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Hi. Some advice/opinion please. I am considering getting a BMW R Nine T. I am just under 6'4" tall and am used to riding a R1200GSA...........I went and sat on the R Nine T this morning and I "felt" a little big for the bike. Knees felt a little high and I felt a little too upright, although my one leg was holding up the bike so I wasn't in true riding position. I was not uncomfortable as such (how could I be after only spending 2 minutes on the bike), but I did feel"out of proportion". Are there any tall owners out there that can provide an opinion on this? Could just be that my head-space is so used to the bigger feel and more upright riding position of the GSA that I just "think" I feel and look silly on this bike?? Should I be adjusting myself forward by bending the elbows? Can the footpegs be dropped an inch or so to help drop the knees a bit? Or is this just not a bike for taller folk? I am going to arrange for a test ride but don't want to waste my, and the salesman's time, if one of you have already gone down this road and found that this is just not a bike for tall people.

Any feedback appreciated  :thumleft:

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Steen