Tankwa Outride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valkie

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Good morning Wild dogs.  Clive (Offroad2) and I are planning a riding weekend on the Tankwa 500 tracks. Please see info below:

Hi Guys, 

Tankwa Outride.

As the year draws to and end, here is an invitation to Tankwa if there is enough interest (10-20).

This could be a weekend of 9/10 Dec

Purpose:
Ride of some sections of the Tankwa 500 routes and area.
Experience Tankwa’s harsh environment & terrain & also its beauty.
Show some support to Cornie Taljaardt, for his campsite and self catering house (Rooiputs) we helped restore for the XC.
Learn to ride some GPS routes on GPS or tag along, good opportunity to feel out GPS.

Program:
Arrive Friday afternoon / evening  4.5 -5 hours travel from CPT.
Sat Outride to Doornriver (+-70km) have launch/braai there, girlfriends, wives can tag along by bakkie & leap frog. From there Ride out Doornriver Valley into real Tankwa & return +- 150km
Sunday morning  -+ 80km GPS river mountain special. Leave for home around lunch time.

We can adjust or adapt the rides and there are some river sections one can ride freely.

House has 7 beds and Camping is good with hot showers & flush toilets.  Camping R200/person for the weekend goes to Landowner (no other fees).

If interested please start the discussions amongst us – The offer is to experience  Tankwa and  get the gps interest going everyone is welcome for this one & ill have a couple spare gps to lend but not compulsory.

Please let me know if interested. Want to join email [email protected] or welcome to give me a ring.