Thanks for the add

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki Versys
Well after touring most of Europe (starting from UK ) I just have a couple more countries to do to finnish of my list which I hope to do this summer and then will be looking further afield.

South Africa has come up on my radar, for posibly November time. So I'm now doing a pheasability check on coming over and touring independently, for maybe a month or so. Lets hope all this Covid mallarky has settled down by then.

I keep going round in circles regarding options, those being join a group tour, do a self drive tour organised by a travel company with hire bike, self drive tour organised by a travel company with my bike  or ship my bike over and ride that independantly, repeat analysing the options.

At the moment shipping my bike over is gathering momentum and so if you have any ideas, help, or suggestions for getting my bike into South Africa I would really appreciate the info. Or in fact any obstacle to doing that.

Also, any must dos and donts and must see sights would be great as well. As my wife will be coming as pillion staying on tarmac is preferred with maybe slight incursion onto good dirt roads. The bike will almost certainly be a Kawasaki Versys 1000.

Thanks and regards
Ginnel