The Bike Cemetery!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazy Horse

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Starting this thread so that we can hear what bikes you had and how you lost them, and what bike you got after that!

I rode a KTM 990 EFI 2007 model, bought it in August '07 and had an unfortunate, very hard fall in May '08.  Had a couple of smaller falls before this and every time I ('met genade') was able to get back on like when you fall off a horse.

My bike had 16000kms on the clock.  On a Friday afternoon I came up a gravel road on my friends farm that makes a little bend in front of his dairy.  As I approached I started to slow down with nothing happening, I locked the front and back brakes and still just approaching the cement wall.  With some very quick decisions I decided to rather lie into the corner, stood up and opened the throttle.  I started drifting and 4 big rocks, size of a front wheel of a KTM 990, was waiting for me.  I hit them and felt the bike bucking.  The next moment I was on the ground and LUCKILY I was wearing all my protective clothing.  My pants was ripped, gloves and helmet scratched to the bone and my jacket's sleeve pulled up.

I stood up and thought it wasn't to bad, walked to my bike and picked it up just to realise that all the oil are pouring out of the engine.  No getting back on this time.....

In the end it was a complete write-off,  shoulder stuffed and a broken rib which is still not 100

tn_KTMVal064.jpg

Insurance paid out after some big fights, but that is a story for another day, and bought (Wesbank) myself a KTM 990 Adv S.  Hopefully many kms of safe riding, what a nice bike, but it must still prove itself like the previous one............