The pink tutu ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jman

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki XF650 Freewind
So I offered to start the ride report seeing that Mr CFT is a bit busy

It started with planning a ride;  https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=141863.0

I only saw it about two weeks before the ride, and decided to join as it looked like everyone bailed.

The trip would be 3 days, but I would only join for two.

Lets start with day 1:

CFT met me at the Cockscomb turn off with his pink skirt on, must say, you could not miss him, big oke in bike gear and pink skirt

We headed to Steytlerville via Cockscomb road, and it was COLD! my camera froze, so we just klapped it to get to breakfast at the steylerville hotel, lekker geeet daar, but looked like CFT fingers got stuck in a familiar position from the cold

Here we also met up with the infamous Manic he ran a bit late (you can see he is speaking to his laywer in the background to say he must prepare for a few speeding tickets), but made up for it on tar, and arrived with us at the Hotel.  We also me Dakarfan and his pillion who was touring the country, looked very lekker. :thumleft:

From there we head out to Klipplaat on gravel, was a lekker road, not to wet, and nice riding, we stopped at the police station, spoke to a small local laaitie.  CFT asked him where all the people was and he said, "hulle kyk stadium (rugby)"  :biggrin:

From there we head to Aberdeen, I ate a pie and we drank some lekker koffie, and the other two smoked their twakkie and stoompie.  Nice little road stall there, and we spoke to some locals about the road, and CFT gave a lady a speech about checking herself (the tutu works)

From Aberdeen, after some directions and warnings about water crossings, we head to Murraysburg.  The roads was nice, not that wet, and my rear shocks bolt almost fell out.  Manic put on his "afrikaanse rave" music and left us in the dust, hy ry nogals vining!

This is some pics from the road:
turn off:

Die twee bikers (you can see Manic already needs a new tyre, and he just started riding):

My bike met die pienk streep

Hoe ry die boere sit sit so:

So after some rustige riding, we arrived in Murraysburg at Nr 8 Kerkstraat
Now this is some awesome people we met here, Hein en Erika, and they realy treated us like family, and it was great meating them.  As we sat in the back yard we heard a rumble other than a tractor from the street, and the next moment here Knucklehead and Elandsrider rocks up.  Was a pleasant surprize and they spent the night there.  Luckyly there is no bar or open drankwinkel there so they behaved quite decent.  Now is the time for others to post pics and stories:  Here is some I took of Nr 8 Kerk straat. This is the back yard

Looks like photobucket did not download all my foto's so hier is een van die vlg oggend from the street: