The story of my Super Enduro, a bit pimped now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duitsman

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 SE
So I have been looking at this boney since it came to the local market years ago. Those pics andf clips of Sala in Lesotho left me with  numerous sleepless nights.

See for yourself and you will know what I mean.

Hard on version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5CR1C_pueQ

Khom in jou broek version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6TYxgocZfo

I have been doing some social enduro’s for a number of years starting on a YZ125 > WR200 > KX250 >  KTM 300 and then eventually ended up on a Gas Gas 300 from Wayne at WOA.

What a lovely bike that is!

0_8_2.jpg

jumpsmall.jpg

6hrdaytona1copy.jpg

6hrdaytona2copy.jpg

Work became very pressing and time was always limited so the GG stood for about 7 months and then I decided to sell.

As you all know man cannot live on beer alone and an empty garage is forbidden, so I decided to follow what I always wanted. A DS enduro boney that can take me through very technical terrain too.

Looked around at the ads, spoke to Edgy, way back when, and always missed a sale because I wanted to go have a look first or hesitant and time ran out. I realized that if you see the right boney at the right price moet jy hardloop oe toemaak en die ding doen.

So one Saturday I saw this on Gumtree, this was in Nov 2010.

ktm950se.jpg

KTMse22.jpg

2006 4K on the clock, Nelspruit, been standing for 2 years, panniers, crash bars, screen blah blah blah…

Hy soek R90k

Phoned him and I was number 3 in the queue. He was a funeral parlor owner and used to commute with and just lost interest. He confirmed and I took the plunge. And paid the deposit immediately to secure the boney.

So daar is dit, vas en mammie is nie baie happy nie want sy het gedink pappa beweeg nou weg van die bikes af.

Ok after the mute button was released a week later toer ons almal kinners en al af Nelspruit to om my boney te kry. You mjst know at this stage I wanted some private time with my new boney, but everyone wanted to go with ofr the day drive in aand out of Nelspruit.

Of course on the way back I had a complete understanding how big this bike was and how dom I am going to look on this thing with my 1.69 stature.

For the entire trip all I could think of was the power slides, power wheelies and 950 twin revving flat-out.

Now back in Pta I had already booked the bike in with Runner before I collected to do a total service with all fluids to be replaced so he phones me up and asked if I cannot pick up his one too.

Die ou (Runner) found another one also in Nelspruit also 4k on the clock but 2008. So there I went and collected his too.

IMG00048-20101114-1525.jpg

Got home and dropped off directly with Runner for a full makeover.

To be continued.....

:ricky: