They were right – it is like riding a bicycle…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misty

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
You never forget!

I’ve been itching to get back on the bike for a little while now and have been planning to ride TravelGravel’s little yammy, but as luck/fate/whatever has it, the yammy just refuses to cooperate, so I finally took the plunge and agreed to ride her KTM690 on Sunday – this was going to be my first own KTM ride experience and I was nervous enough knowing this is a hooligan bike and not made for girls at all  :imaposer: and then I realised with a bang on Saturday night that it would be exactly 1 year ago that I had my accident and that I rode a bike!!  :eek7: But Sunny got the bad omen out of the way accidently killing a dove Sunday morning while driving – although I tend to agree with TravelGravel that the bad omen was more for the dove, shame.  ;)

JustBiking was my chaperone for the day as part of the TPF Support Group  :3some:

Ok maybe I should start on the smaller one hey…  ;D

IMG_3119.jpg

Just going through what’s what again

IMG_3120.jpg

Do I look nervous

IMG_3122.jpg

No but TravelGravel does hehe

IMG_3133.jpg

Check left and right

IMG_3134.jpg

And off we go – woohoo I’m riding again  :ricky:

IMG_3135.jpg

IMG_3138.jpg

IMG_3142.jpg

IMG_3143.jpg

Then I got a bit adventurous and did a little gravel in the veld

IMG_3151.jpg

IMG_3144.jpg

IMG_3145.jpg

But no not feeling that brave yet, it was a little rocky down – next time

IMG_3146.jpg

Turning around

IMG_3150.jpg

IMG_3153.jpg

IMG_3156.jpg

JB doing his thing

IMG_3157.jpg

IMG_3160.jpg

IMG_3161.jpg

Feels awesome to be back on 2 wheels!

IMG_3162.jpg

We ended the day by taking on some traffic and a well deserved beverage at the Wimpy – we even did some lane splitting  :D

IMG_3166.jpg

IMG_3167.jpg

The bike – what an awesome bike, so capable, light and an absolute pleasure to ride (just needs a little bit more padding) – I am very impressed! It might not be the first & last time that you’ll see me on a KTM…  :mwink: but the plan is to test a many bikes first then I will make my mind up what to buy next.

The leg – it did very well but got a little tired halfway through and is a tad stiff today, but I haven’t used those muscles in a long time and I’m sure the more I ride the stronger it will get.

Thanks TG & JB for helping me get over that first hurdle!!  :thumleft: