Thor 50/50 Disappointment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinusvdb

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Triumph (all models)
I recently bought a pair of Thor 50/50 boots from Full Throttle in Edenvale when I went to visit my folks. Man I was so chuffed, they really look like business. Anyway this was about a month and a half ago. I have since done about 2000km with them. I was quite bummed when I saw about a week ago that the rubber on top of the left hand boot has now started to tear around the stitching. I am quite busy during the day so I sent an email to the Full Throttle sales team to find out if they could assist.

Here is their response:

Hi tinus

As I can see on the picture it is on the left boot, on the top where it is coming loose, that rubber part is there so that the gear lever doesn’t damage the leather of the boot, unfortunately this is not a warranty by thor because of the continues use of the gear lever

Best regards

Donovan baker

Full Throttle Motorcycles

Tel:(011)452-2397

Fax:(011)452-7425

Email:  [email protected]

Surely this can't be right ? I agree that over time the rubber might tear, but after 1.5 Months!!!!! That is ridiculous. There must have been something wrong to start off with ? I haven't even got them dirty or wet yet and they are starting to tear.

Has anybody else had the same experience with these boots ?
Is there a Thor agent in SA which I can contact ?