Triumph T100 EFI vs Scrambler - Review.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blauth

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
[Comparison - see post further down]

Chaps,

I have a 2011 Triumph T100 EFI (Sixty limited edition) that I am currently commuting on and lately I've been deliberating about selling it and getting and older model Scrambler or carb T100 for two reasons:

1) Reduce my debt (Older model will be cheaper). Would look for something sub 50k. My existing bike cost me 70k.
2) I like the idea of an older model with less electronics because I want to customise it....significantly.

Now when I bought mine, there was a 2007 scrambler on the floor for 52k and when I rode the scrambler back to back with the EFI Bonneville, they were so vastly different in terms of:
- Bonneville was incredibly smooth (almost clinically so)
- Bonneville had significantly more power

Based on these two differences, I bought the more expensive T100 Bonneville but now I am experiencing internal resistence with cutting the back of it off and I have come into some money that would allow me to settle a 50k bike....which means no debt.

As we all know, only so much can be determined by a short test ride and most people I speak to immediately say 'Scrambler'.My reservations are still the two original reasons why I chose the Bonneville to start with so I would like to test ride one if possible, for a couple of days to make sure that I'm not now making a subsequent cockup.

I propose a swap of the bikes for a couple of days. Prerequisites are:
1) Insurances must be valid
2) You must have a valid drivers license
3) You must not ride the bike under illegal circumstances that may increase the risk of insurance issues in the event of an accident.
4) Mileage cap of about 250km on both sides.

I would agree to the same terms.

Anyone interested in the Jhb/Pretoria area?

Cheers
Barry

Latest posts