Tuesday Entertainment in Bloemfontein

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SGB

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
The Freestate is as good looking as it will get at the moment.  Good rains in recent time makes for great scenery and even this flat expanse is a pleasure to look at.  Saw Gunda's valley of 1K hills report and recognized all my old spots - but hey FS is nearly as good at the moment.  :D

On Sunday we had a nice muddy ride with the Bloem Dualer group - just a little short and the public holiday today gave some time to make up.  We had some time early morning, so my little brother and I headed east. There are countless little tracks in the Botshabelo / Thaba Nchu area and riding there with no plan never disappoints.  Today we took a camera along and stopped for a pic now and again.

We have this kind of terrain 35 km from town...

IMG_4486.jpg

This small dam suddenly appears from nowhere

IMG_4481.jpg

The green stuff on the floor is a bit slippery - dictates focussed riding....  :biggrin:

IMG_4491.jpg

The blue ones are the fastest.  8)

IMG_4490.jpg

Abandoned homestead - spent a few minutes - must have been a nice place to live what there was still life here.

IMG_4493.jpg

IMG_4498.jpg

IMG_4502.jpg

The farmers of the area have a different philosophy nowdays, they prefer less infrastructure.  We also discovered a new plant in the area, I don't think scientists have named it yet.  It is quite nasty, thorny and very strong.  Whole bikes get tangled up in these things.  We named it the Botshabelo Rose.  It comes in various shapes, and we removed various specimens from the road in different shapes.  Comes in all shapes and sizes, somtimes just a messy bunch, also creeps in straight lines.  Strange plant - here's some pics.

IMG_4503.jpg

IMG_4504.jpg

As we went along, we found some nice playgrounds.  Tried to hop over the camera.

IMG_4511.jpg

Some of the most slippery mud I have seen is also here.  Spent some time playing.

IMG_4517.jpg

IMG_4521.jpg

IMG_4536.jpg

IMG_4538.jpg

It gets dry as well

IMG_4540.jpg

At this point the camera's batteries went flat and we just enjoyed the ride further.  River crossings, rocks, sand, fast gravel, it is all there.  What a horrible place we live in.  Will go back for some more pics.  :mwink:

Back home by 11:30 - some time to relax with the family. :)