Van Reenens, De Beers, Collins en Normandienspas- DeonDJ & Tuli

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeonDj

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Well what a day, today I took my 800 for a indepth test ride, and what can I say, I am very happy with this bike, after my AT I was really looking for a worthy replacement,.... I have found it and it is defnitely a 800 GS :thumleft:

Myself and Tuli (from the Eastern Free State) decided last night we are going to do these passes, now in short, Tuli is going to register as a vendor for Adventure Bike Trips in the Eastern Free State as well as Northern Natal on the WD site, especially the passes that I mentioned. Everybody goes to Clarens, Golden Gate and then Lesotho but forgets the stunning areas before that, now Tuli is currently building chalets on his farm, has got a motocross track(bring your plastic bike as well) on the farm (he is doing motocross/enduro's competitions all over SA)that he practises on, got nice facilities (bar/big screen) as well there, going to cater for the DS bikers from Jburg/rest of SA, overnight there with food included and do the outrides with Tuli the next day as guide, and he is really good at that as he is not going fast, he travelled these roads with his wife Carene that rides a new 650GS BMW, between them they do over 500 k's every weekend, and she will also back him up as photographer, sweeper etc.
On these outrides he will braai for the bikers on certain scenic spots, have back up vehicles as well if a problem arises and he knows the area well.

Well here are the day's ride report, I waited at Kestell for Tuli, from there to Harrismith, then Van Reenens pass, on top turn left onto small road.
Harrismith road after "hoenderpoot crossing"
TuliTrip003.jpg

TuliTrip002.jpg

Road ahead..
TuliTrip004.jpg

TuliTrip001.jpg

TuliTrip005.jpg

Van Reenens pass from high up on the mountain, stunning views from there.
TuliTrip007.jpg

TuliTrip006.jpg

End Part 1