Vstrom 650 or NC 750

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neo_za

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DL 650 V-Strom
If leisurely long distane touring is your bag and you had to make a choice between these two, what would you decide and why?

I have previously owned both a DL 650 and a NC 700 and sold both. The former because it was big, ugly and gave me terrible wind buffeting. A gem of an engine though. The latter because it lacked personality and power....an accountant's bike. Sensible but boring. I immediately bought a Versys to feel alive again, but it proved to be to cramped for my 6.1 frame.

Wind the clock forward 10 years and, for various reasons i dont wish to bore you with, i must once again choose. Maybe i am now old and mature enough to enjoy the sedateness of the NC, its low seat hight, low COG, as well as ease of operation and servicing. Might even go for DCT if the price is right. Dealer has no demo, so not sure what the 750 feels like compared to the 700 of old.

Then there is the Strom....big, powerful, comfortable, reliable and with good reach on a tank. On paper it makes the most sense as a tourer. But i think the NC has it beat in terms of everyday practicality, ease of use, as well as frugality (petrol price is constantly going up). Also it is not too fast which i actually find appealing these days.

DS capabilities are not important here. Both can go down a gravel highway on the odd occasion and that is more than good enough for me.

Attachments

• images (18).jpeg
    images (18).jpeg
    33.4 KB · Views: 105
  • images (19).jpeg
    images (19).jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 104