• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

[WANTED] Still wanted but forgotten for a while

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inprogress

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
NER-A-CAR
Hi guys and gals.

I forgot about it for a while, but I am still looking for a used carburettor in good condition. I am looking for a replacement carburettor for a Honda E-Storm (125cc). The dealer asks R2360 for a new one....for that price I can buy a pumper carb of a Suzuki DR650SE! The little bike is a great city run-about and fine, except for this bluddy carb.

Anyone there in Joey's can help with contact numbers, or if you have one laying around. It can be any type of carburettor really, the important thing is to have a outlet outer diameter of 33mm. Unfortunately the older CG125 carbs and many of the chinese carbs are still those older types where the outlet side (the side mounting to the cylinder) has those little flanges, mine clamps to a rubber throat. I can order a carb and throat from BigBoy at a R1000 but no guarantees that it'll fit.

I did find a splendid specimen locally at Davies, however before I mounted it I realised the choke is missing, and I couldn't find a replacement either. No markings on the bluddy carb except that it is a Mikuni - still trying to see if I can find if I can get that bit from Mikuni.

I can order a brand new universal Mikuni from the USA for about $108 but want to see if I can re-use a local one that I know someone must have somewhere - SA not internet friendly like the USA yet. You need to know someone who has been somewhere who knows they have one.

Thank you Doggies.

P.s. I can post pics if required.