• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Warning - Stolen bikes for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blauth

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Howzit oke

In 2010, two bikes were stolen from me.

I received a call on Wednesday from a chap in Nelspruit who is looking to buy a KTM dirtbike. He said he received a call from an unknown number on his land line from a guy offering to sell him a KTM300, 2010 model. This guy has had some bad experiences in the past so he asked the guy on the phone for the VIN number to check it out which surprisingly the guy gave him. To this the caller said he would phone him back. He subsequently checked the VIN number out with KTM SA only for them to tell him that the bike is indeed stolen and they gave him my number. He then phoned me to confirm which naturally I did. Curious thing is, I bought the bike from Nelspruit but it was stolen from Johannesburg.

He does not have the callers contact details so we can't trace the caller.   ???

If anybody knows anything more about this or is offered a KTM300 (or Transalp), beware and check out the VIN numbers, especially if it doesn't come with papers. If you do know anything, and your info leads to an arrest or the recovery of either of the bikes, we will come to a fair reward incentive and your details will remain anonymous. Note, my first prize would be to get these fuckers arrested!!!

Insurance never settled via the standard process, only settled a megre ex-gratia payment after a long fight, so technically they still belong to me.

Honda Transalp, XL650V, 2006, Silver, Touratech crash bars, custom bash plate, Kappa touring screen, wide stainless steel pegs and performance pipe.
Engine No: RD10E2512103
VIN: VTMRD11A06E514014
Registration No: TRV432GP

KTM300XC-W, 2010, Full Hyde protection and Hyde hand guards, 5Hours,
Engine No: 054992212
VIN: VBKXWN230AM385182