Well done - Cape Bike Travel in Cape Town!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goose

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I have to commend Joerg and his team for tackling a job, using initiative and resolving a problem that the agents - in fact two dealerships, after hours of struggling, could not get right!!

I've always found these chaps approachable and with their "can-do"  attitude I'll keep supporting them.

A problem arose with an original part that I purchased in the UK for my GSA (from BMW) ..........  which apparently could not be used or installed on my bike....... due to the computer system stating it was the incorrect part number. During a courtesy visit to Joerg yesterday afternoon (about mid-day) I mentioned my dismay at spending all the bokke and now having to accept that trying to have the issue resolved would be near impossible............ and money down the drain!

NOT a problem - I was told to go and fetch the bike and part and bring it over.......... they were up for the challenge......

Armed with a laptop and GS-911 diagnostic tool, Ruan & I tackled the issue......... a bit of logic was used, ideas exchanged and in under an hour (taking into account the stripping of the rear-end of the bike) I rode out with a huge smile and a job well done!

I could NOT believe how simple the problem really was - stared everyone in the face but nobody could think just outside the box for a single second!

Thanks boet - love the positive approach and interest you showed to assist!   :thumleft:

Cape Bike Travel does phenomenal deals on Bike rentals, workshop repairs and servicing an the racks are full of new tyres as well.... and the coffee is good too!   :biggrin: