What are the bike options for a small lady?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boertjie

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
This question has probably been asked before, but I have not seen it... may not have been looking for this info... at the time.

My wife is smallish... 1.6m and about fifty kgs. She would like to start riding again after 30 years of raising kids etc. Question is which bike to get her. Requirements and use?  Bike will be used to ride mostly on dirt back roads with the occasional shorter stretch of back tarred roads thrown in. Top speed is not an issue, since we will not tour, do highways or commuting on this bike. The bike must be road worthy for when ever we need to be on public roads to get "there". I was thus thinking small dual purpose bike. My mind is at 4stroke with happy button, but am open to suggetions. Kick start will not go down well with the mrs. My current thinking is Honda XR125L. Thinking is to buy new or just about new.

I look forward to your suggestions as to which other bikes would do the job as described. Please add piccies for the bikes suggested if possible.

This is not a WANTED AD... I am looking for information to base my decision for which bike and will later start looking for the right deal.