Whiskey and Rain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whiskey and Rain

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 600 Z
Following the correct lines of procedure (introduction).

At first I was Diesel and Dust, but due to popular demand I had to change it to Whiskey and Rain

Been riding for quite some time.
First bike I had was an old TW 200...what a bike...!
Then I rode a bit on my dad's DR 650 even better bike...!

Couple of years ago due to some events in my life I inherited by father's BMW K100 1985 (I think). Rode the BM quite often , but its quite a heavy bike and it fell more on me than I sat on it...! Eventually sold the beast to an old-timer...classic bike...! But heavy...for those of you out there who rides any K model...wow...! I still envy you for the BM's are known for great smooooooth rides...!

Stayed in Ficksburg a couple of years and there I rode that DR all over the place...for Lesotho was right on our doorstep...
Back in Pta now, and loving it...meeting more and more WD as I go along...!

At this stage I am riding an 1984 XT TENERE 600 Z and loving her...! But I must confess, I might relocate abroad soon and thinking of taking a bike with me... whether I sell her or keep her...thats still a Q....but never the less a XT can and will outlast the rider if looked after...

Over the weekend I met some WD's at a local pub in PTA...and lol.....my word...! Accoding to them I ride an old bike...need to get rid of all the stickers on it....need to infest in a better helmet...boots.....jacket..... almost left the bar half naked....lol...But I loved to ouk's...constructive criticism I call it...!

OK, so I've mentioned that I am new on the Forum and back in Pta...but there's one story I need to mention...apart for the great guys I've met on the road...

+- a week ago
I've always loved Cafe Racers and DS bikes...
Last week as I walked out one of the banks in the Pretoria East, I saw a Blood shot Cafe racer parked to the one side of the bank...I couldn't help myself...I ran towards the bike as if it had a rider on who was getting away...! As I stood their close to tears just looking at the bike...and right there I made myself a promise...ONE DAY...I'll ride one...not now...but one day...! And just to break my ego a bit....a girl came out the bank with a helmet in her one hand and a bank statement in the other and a pair of Aviator Ray-bands...the whole package...I nearly fainted....!

Anyway...
Thats my introduction...to all...
Might sell my XT TENERE in the near future...so some healthy advice and information would be greatly appreciated...

Great day to all
Whiskey and Rain

''...I drink my coffee the same color my girlfriend prefers her underwear to be...''