Why bikers are a breed apart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Citibike

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
On Friday I went in to work (because I had to) and on way way home to Blouberg from city centre the drive belt on my scooter gave up the ghost. I was still on the flyover when it let go and left me stranded just outside town. So I decided to walk, with my Scoot. Within 5 minutes, a guy pulled up next to me on his 1200GS and offered to tow me off the highway. Awesome!!! I thanked him profusely at the petrol station as you get onto Marine Drive and started what I expected to be a loooong walk back home. Before I had passed the KTM dealer, a lady on a Kymco 250 Dink stopped to ask if she could lend a hand and at the same time, a guys stopped with his wife in their bakkie. Without asking where I lived he just said, "Do you wanna load it?"

Turns out he stays around the corner from me, but what an awesome guy. Robin, to you and your lady, thanks a million.

I asked for his address so I could drop off a bottle of his fave bevvy, but he declined, and something about paying it forward. A biker himself, we says he nows what its like when everyone just drives past. So, what could have been a trulu k@k experience really went a long way towards restoring some of my faith in this species we call man.