Wiggly front....not happy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynn

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT660
Ok, quick run down....

Had my front and back tyres reinforced, and a new back tyre put on.  On my last trip, started catching a massive tank slap type movement, and assumed it was my new side panniers catching wind, the shock (which was pap) and the fact that my front had been put on backwards (so was now catching the knobs opposite to their wear).  Then I noticed my chain was stuffed, and thus sprockets too.

I have since changed the chain and sprockets, put the back wheel back on correctly (the rubbers weren't right) - THANKS BLAZES - have no more panniers on, and my shocks have been tightened.  The only thing left is to replace the front tyre (which I would have assumed after 4000kms would have settled).

My front is shaking like shakira's ass still and I am more than slightly concerned.  I'll hopefully get a new tyre on this week.  My questions are as follows:

1.  Since their has been so much movement in the wrong directions for the last 4000 odd kms, should I replace the back tyre simultaneously?

2.  Is there another possible reason that my bike is all over the place?

3.  Would I have possibly damaged something else as a result of (being forced due to being on a long trip) having ridden her for so long like this?

Any comments would be super!!!!  :thumleft:

Latest posts