Wired motorcycle headset

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbobok

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR125L
Hi there,

I'm wondering if someone can help me. I am looking for a decent quality headset for my helmet - but I want it to be wired. I have looked at the Bluetooth options (Sena, Spirit etc.) and used my fathers, but they have a couple of things I don't like (clumsy module on side of helmet, need to charge battery, etc.).

Essentially, I would like it to work like those hand-free kits that come with smartphones, a 3.5mm single connector into a phone, so I can receive calls on the go, and listen to music. So why not just use a standard hands-free kit? Well, the mic is usually integrated into a switch unit that allows you to answer calls and skip tracks - not perfect for mounting close to my mouth inside a full face. So ideally, it should have a button unit, with three wires coming out - 1 each for left and right speaker, and one for the mic. These can then be mounted inside the helmet.

I have done a search on the forum, and found Goose offered a similar set up for sale - just for 2 way radios:
https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=100742.0
Any ideas where I can buy something like this?

Thanks.