Would anyone want to rent their bike for a couple of weeks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR-Z 400
This might be a bit of a random (or naive) question.... ;D

But do you think that there is anyone out there who might consider renting their bike to me for a couple of weeks in late June?
I know it might sound a dumb question - and Im pretty sure that I wouldnt rent my DRZ to some random stranger...  :-\ but I figure its worth asking!

Im an experienced off road rider, living in Kenya, and heading down to Cape Town to meet a mate. We're planning to head up the West Coast to RIchtersfeld, Southern Namibia etc.

I ask as its pretty pricey to hire a bike through the official bike rental agencies, plus it seems you cant hire anything less than some big, heavy 800cc thing...(Id much rather something smaller, lighter and better for off roading, long distance adventures.)

Who knows, maybe there is someone out there, with a bike sitting in the garage that needs to be set free for a couple weeks, and who wants to earn a bit of cash!
Any thoughts??? Or should I just suck it up and pay top dollar for a bike with a fancy paint job and a nice logo that looks nice on selfies...? (Please no...!)