XT 660Z 10K Service - To steal or not to steal,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Circlip

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 660 Z
Howzit XtZ Dogs,

So 10k service is creeping up on me, I need some guidance please. To steal or not to steal (meaning getting the dealers to service my bike or not).

I know the basics and can do it myself like, oil change filter change etc. The problem comes in though that I am not n mechanic and I am probably missing something.

Maybe checking certain bearings, oils seals or maybe a test that i don't know of.

When my Ford Ranger was still being serviced at Ford I noticed they had n nifty page with all the checks and parts to be replaced per km service that the mechanics would have to following, having something like that for my Z would mean that i could definitely do the service myself plus have the piece of mind that it was checked and was replaced properly.

Does something like that exit, if not would you guys help me start such a list. Might not be necessary to have it per kilometer service but n complete list of what to check and what should be replaced would be good, IMO.

What would you say?