• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

XT TENERE 1984 for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whiskey and Rain

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT 600 Z
Those of you who's familiar with this machine.

XT TENERE 600 Z

Sadly to say I had to come to some sort of arrangement with regards to parking space at my house. Since the person I am living with can't get over the fact that there is a XT taking up most of the yard....lol...not the biggest place in Pta where I recide....

Anyway, I am in the market for a new bike, since parking is quite an issue I am unable to buy one and wait for the other to find a respectful owner. So I had to make peace with it that I will have to sell this old beast then be without wheels for a month or so.

With that said, I would like to say as well that I am not in any hurry to sell her. I live life by what ''happens-happens''...since she has brought me great adventure and respect for the old school , I need to return the favor by seeking an owner that has some knowledge of how her heart beats.

The bike
YAMAHA XT TENERE 600 Z 1984
Total milage : 75500km
Condition : 8/10
All mechanics and mechanism functioning 100%
Two new tyres fitted : 03/10/2012 (Maxis) + new chain and two new sprockets (front and rear)
New gear lever
Recently been serviced and full maintenance history available on request from 1984.
Original Owners manual.
Left hand side pannel missing : had a new one molded (needs to be fitted)

Personal Comments
This bike is still full of power, and if I am still the owner of it , I'll be riding it down to Cape Town in Dec 2012
Do not compare the power this bike has to any new model of bike. ( One will be surprised when guys tell you that their 2012 600's feel way more powerful...
This machine if looked after will last you forever
Stickers on the tank can be easily removed.

Price and details
I am asking R25,000.00 for the bike
All healthy suggestions regarding the bike and the price will be highly appreciated.
Any interested buyers can contact me and arrange to test ride the bike.
Various touring equipment available with the bike (two hard side boxes)

Great day to all
Whiskey and Rain

''I am great believer in KARMA, so I try to adhere to her rules....'

Attachments

• Right Side .jpg
    Right Side .jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 477
  • Up close .jpg
    Up close .jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 474
  • Left Side .jpg
    Left Side .jpg