XT500 RestoMod- *Strip-down Started pg4*

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bru-tom

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Yamaha XT500
Hey guys! I only think its about time i start another build. This time, something more forum specific.... and a much needed intro to the off-road scene!

The story....

My ole mans good mate, who owns a farm saw i was interested in old scoots, decided to offer me his old 1980 xt500G for R10 000 South African bucks. I went and had a look and the bike and it was/is in terrible condition. He says it started 6 months ago, his Mrs says 6 years?! :? i tend to want to believe the latter! There are a ton of spares too, but they are not in the greatest condition. The spare motor has a hole in the sleeve, rust on the spare forks and and and....

here are a few pics:

soooo....i have been really busy of late and never got back to him...really dont have space either, especially after my 76' Honda cb550 build. Also, i have been a bit put off by his high asking price and him thinking its worth that to begin with! Anyway, last week he comes to visit and was like, "just by the way, the bikes yours if you want it"!? hell yeah! made space and collected it last weekend  :D I think i have his wife to thank too :lol:

Tis' me:

let the build begin!

Thanks for reading