Yamaha BWS in Mooi-Mooi Blue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Braap_Zeit

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Husaberg (all models)
So, in an attempt to lower my fuel bills every month I forked out a cool ZAR 7500.00 for a 2002 Yamaha BWS poegie. Motivation? It's a 2-stroke.

In a few words, it's blue, standard, and bulletproof. For a 2002 it went quite nicely and looked like it had never been serviced. At all. The variator casing looked like a scouser's face on the night of their matric ball. CAKED in belt dust. I've had it for a little over a month now and there have been some changes.

I will post some pics soon but for example, the black plastics had faded from the sun and started looking tatty, so I took to my best friend, VHT Wrinkle Plus. So far the knee panel, handlebar cover, and headlight cowlings have been sprayed and the scoot looks a lot better. Like a lot. Also there was a blue panel running the sides of the knee panel which was a seriously faded blue which also got a coat of black.

My idea is to make the whole scoot black with different textures. So black gloss, black wrinkle, black chrome.

Just this last Friday I fitted a Malossi Multivar and Malossi Clutch which made it accelerate like its going out of fashion. It was a spontaneous decision but hey, its for the greater good. I am running it on Motul 710 which smells amazing compared to the kak oil bought from the petrol stations.

Next on the list is a CRP pipe which comes with performance rollers (which won't fit the Malossi variator) so I'll have to purchase some new ones and maybe play with 3x heavy and 3x lighter to get a weighting that cant be achieved through a full set of available rollers. The pipe functions 100% with a V-Force 3 reed block, so that's an obvious R1300 that I'll be spending.

I'm stoked with the kms/l since I ride from Blouberg to Claremont everyday, but I can say cheers to the good fuel consumption after all these mods. 2 days of getting to work and back on a 5L tank of fuel.

I seem to have forgotten that this thing is supposed to SAVE me money not continue to spend it. But so's the story with two wheels and a motor.  :ricky: