Yamaha BWS not starting - please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr D

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure
So in my deur-die-kak state a good few early mornings ago I threw about 750 ml of 2 stroke oil into the petrol tank of my trusty Yummy BWS 100 scooter. This would normally not be a problem however the scooter has autolube and that little tank was mostly likely only in need of a top up.

The scooter started and I smoked it all the way to work +-20 km. Worked a full day and some, walked down to the scooter, started it and off I went -  500 m down the road it cut out, dead! Was late at night so pushed the sucker back to the parking garage at work and got a lift home.

Scooter is now at a friend’s place and not starting – I have done the following:

1) Drained the petrol tank
2) Flushed the petrol tank
3) Drained the carb
4) Serviced the carb
5) Removed the carb, intake and plug and flushed the engine out with petrol while cranking to ensure no oil squirts out of spark plug hole
6) Replaced the reed block as the one petal had a tiny hole
7) Replaced the spark plug

I am at my wits end here and thinking I may seek professional help (come in [member=3867]Mayhem[/member] ) but if I am missing anything blatantly obvious this is my plea for help.

Please and thank you.