Yamaha Royal Star 1300 (V4)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jan Stander

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
I came upon a Yamaha Royal Star 1300 that had been in an accident with serious damage, but in my opinion still repairable. Apparently the owner spent upwards of R20 K on the engine prior to the accident. The damage from what can be seen on a quick inspection is: 1) Both front shocks/fork have to be replaced. 2) Radiator plus cowling and everything that goes with it (except hoses) has to be replaced. 3) The steering column (neck) on the frame was bent down and backwards on the impact, and and is partly torn from the frame (not as seriously as it may sound).
The engine still starts and the rest of the bike look in mint condition.
I am not into cruisers and know nothing about the Royal Star. Do not even know what year model it is, but it looks to be 3 - 5 years old. It looks to be a fine project-bike and therefore my questions.;

1. Any idea on price of a set of front forks for this?
2. Does anybody have secondhand fork for sale
3. Any idea on price for the radiator?
4. Does anybody have a secondhand radiator for sale?
5. Suggestions please?

Secondly, There is also a Yamaha Virago 1100 available that looks to be in a neat condition, but the engine is blown. Where do I get an overhauled engine, or what would it more or less cost to have this engine overhauled.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.